Fantastical 2 for Mac was updated to version 2.3.4 on Wednesday with a handful of goodies and improvements.
A few things from the changelog jumped out to me. First, support for new login requirements from Google was added. While this isn’t that important right now, it ensures that future Google calendars work with the app.
For someone with a large calendar full of repeating events, endless dinner parties, or just a busy calendar, performance should be improved in this version of Fantastical. There were also a number of bug fixes for invitations, Facebook events, and recurring events to ensure that your favorite calendar app continues to run smoothly.
Let us know what calendar app you use down below in the comments section. For the full list of changes, check the changelog below.
- Added support for Google’s new login requirements
- Press option while right-clicking on an invitation in the invitations section to ignore all pending invitations
- Can now create events that repeat every month on the 1st through 20th weekday (for iCloud, Google, and other CalDAV accounts)
- Mail events using Newton when it is set as your default email reader
- Performance improvements with very large calendars
- Improved app launch time with large numbers of birthdays from Contacts
- Fixed an issue with some recurring events repeating one time too many or one time too few
- Fixed an issue with event invitations sometimes being modified when viewing them
- Fixed creating an invitation on a delegated Exchange calendar not sending emails to the invitees
- Fixed a potential crash when replying to Facebook events
- Fixed Fantastical not launching on versions of macOS El Capitan 10.11 through 10.11.4
- Various fixes and improvements